- Australian Electoral Commission
- The independent authority tasked with actually running the election.
A few of their subpages that might be of interest:
- Check your voter registration
- Find out who your candidates are
- Apply for a Postal Vote
- Find out where can you vote
- Voting from Overseas
- Covid 19 Safety Measures
- Disinformation Register
- More links will be added as information becomes available.
- Antony Green’s Election Blog
- National treasure (and reason we all know what a psephologist is) Antony Green’s commentary on the election.
- Cluey Voter
- An online tool for helping you sort out your below the line voting.
- Democracy Sausage
- Because it’s not an election ’til you’ve had a barbecued snag as well as a vote.
- Hidden Campaign
- The ABC is looking at the less prominent side of the election: the social media, leafletting, phone calling and smsing that often goes unreported – tell them what you know here.
- Psephos: Adam Carr’s Election Archive
- A guide to the candidates across Australia.
- The Australian election map has been lying to you
- A look at how geographical maps distort accurate reporting of voting in Australia.
- They Vote For You
- A guide to how current and previous Parliamentarians have voted on the issues.
- Senate Voting Card Creator
- Another online tool for helping you sort out your below the line voting.
Other Review sites
- A Very Condensed Impression of the Registered Parties, in four parts: 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Brief sketches from the University of Melbourne’s student newspaper, Farrago.
- Blatantly Partisan Party Reviews by axvoter on Tumblr
- Primarily West Australia.
- Preview of the Australian Federal Election by b_auspol on Dreamwidth
- Primarily New South Wales.
- Donkey Votie
- Do find Something For Cate too verbose and not funny enough? This is your site. (Also, excellent pun in the name.)
- Dr Kevin Bonham
- Primarily Tasmania.
- Farrago Policy Comparisons: Environment and Climate, Education, Housing and Homelessness, Defence, Gender Equality, Indigenous Affairs & Health
- A series of policy area comparisons written by frequent Something For Cate commenter Benjamin Cronshaw. Thanks Ben!
- Policy Cheat Sheet
- The ABC summarises the positions of the Coalition, Greens and Labor across 13 key policy areas.
- 2022 ‘Savage AF’ Australian Federal Election Guide
- Like us, only faster, funnier and on YouTube
- Welcome to the circus
- To quote from the site: A HANDY GUIDE TO EVERY SINGLE POLITICAL PARTY IN AUSTRALIA IN JUST 28.5 MINUTES!
Do you know something that should be here? Let us know and we’ll add it! We’d especially like to add other sites that are doing the same sort of thing as we are, no matter what political stripe they may be.
Really liked Cluey Voter, that is very helpful to see the ballot and work out preferences (as a below-the-line voter)!
ABC also added a make your own How to Vote card, which is really good, albeit only for above-the-line.